> what's the best way to move my /home directory to another partition as
> redhat9 would, for instance, if I had chosen to do that during install.

as root:
first mount your new partition someplace temporary. (for example if your
new partition is on hdb3 (third partition on primary slave))
# mount /dev/hdb3 /mnt/hdb3

# cp -dprvx /home/justin /mnt/hdb3/justin

d - this will preserve your links
p - preserve ownership, timestamps, etc.
r - recursive
v - verbose - see what is happening
x - stick to one source file system (mount). not necessary but a good
idea when working with whole file systems.

then set up your new partition to mount at /home

good luck
- tom