On Mon, Apr 21, 2003 at 01:34:04PM -0500, Tim Wilson wrote:
> On Monday 21 April 2003 11:40, Steve Siegfried wrote:
> > Note that Comcast, from what I can find out, does _not_ offer "Comcast
> > High-Speed Internet Pro" in the MSP area.  It apparently comes with a
> > static-ip address (and a $95/month fee for 3.5Mbps down/384Kbps up).  I
> > can't find out if you're allowed to run servers at this level or not... so
> > your mileage may vary... if you can get it.
>
> I just called Comcast. They don't offer any packages here that include a
> static IP and the guy on the phone was very clear that they don't allow Web
> servers. Time to investigate DynDNS.

Be happy if they will even let you register if you don't have a flavor of
windows with a cdrom drive. I moved the comcast cable internet connection
I had at my appartment to the new house and I needed to reprovision the
modem/nic combo with a windowscd that came, the guy close to refused helping
me with it since my pc didn't have a cdrom-drive and was all bitchy about
having to do it manually and going on on his bitch-pitch about how I really
shouldn't have been able to have them install cable modem at my new location
since I didn't have a cdrom drive!

sheesh, you wonder if they actually want customers??