On Mon, Apr 21, 2003 at 10:54:09AM -0500, Tim Wilson wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> As I'd feared, DSL is not available at our new house. (Moving in on Friday and
> since it's new construction I couldn't get the line tested until it was
> connected.) Qwest says that there's fiber on the line between the CO and my
> house.

Same thing just happened to me, brand new house, couldn't test until it was
connected and I had to wait 10 days. BLAH!

> So I'm writing this email hoping for some suggestions. I currently have DSL
> through Qwest with Visi as my ISP. I have a static IP and run several small
> Web sites and a number of mailing lists. I understand that the normal
> residential broadband TOS don't allow servers.

ATT (Now comcast) does NOT allow servers, and as far as my investigations
are suggesting, they don't offer business service in Minnesota either.
I'm getting very annoyed by qwest not wanting to tell me why I can't
qualify for dsl. They wont tell me if it's line-quality or wheter there's
filters on the line somewhere. When will dsl become a public utility?
(Don't even bother answering, I know what the answer is).