Tim Wilson said:
> Hey everyone,
>
> As I'd feared, DSL is not available at our new house. (Moving in on
> Friday and  since it's new construction I couldn't get the line tested
> until it was  connected.) Qwest says that there's fiber on the line
> between the CO and my  house.
>
> So I'm writing this email hoping for some suggestions. I currently have
> DSL  through Qwest with Visi as my ISP. I have a static IP and run
> several small  Web sites and a number of mailing lists. I understand
> that the normal  residential broadband TOS don't allow servers.

Well, our school is running a server through AT&T Broadband, so there is
no blocks preventing this.  See http://heritage1.dyndns.org.  We do have
to run dyndns, which so far has been fine.  We do run most or our web and
e-mail traffic through another site though, so I don't know if there is a
problem with SMTP through dydns (as I was told there was).  Dyndns.org has
some info on doing SMTP with dyndns, so feel free to research there.

You might want to check Covad DSL.  They seem to service areas where Qwest
doesn't.

Good luck and welcome to the club.