Tim Wilson wrote:

> I need to look into the business class access further. I'm certainly not going
> to buy a T1 for the house. It looks like AT&T broadband is Comcast now. Any
> thoughts on their service?
>
> -Tim

Thoughs on Comcast's service?  Yeah... even worse than was AT&T Broadband's.

In a move to cut off customers running their own mail servers (and thereby
slow down the "earn money at home spamming people" crowd), Comcast supplied a
list of all their dynamic TCP addresses to AOL, who promptly stopped accepting
mail from those addresses.  The fix for this is to re-gen your sendmail.cf
file after adding "define(`SMART_HOST',`mail.attbi.com')" to your sendmail.mc
file.  However, test emails to AOL recently took over an hour to be delivered
via this "fix" (it used to take about 40 seconds when I was doing it
directly).

Note that Comcast, from what I can find out, does _not_ offer "Comcast
High-Speed Internet Pro" in the MSP area.  It apparently comes with a
static-ip address (and a $95/month fee for 3.5Mbps down/384Kbps up).  I can't
find out if you're allowed to run servers at this level or not... so your
mileage may vary... if you can get it.

-S