On Mon, 21 Apr 2003, Tim Wilson wrote:
> So I'm writing this email hoping for some suggestions. I currently
> have DSL through Qwest with Visi as my ISP. I have a static IP and run
> several small Web sites and a number of mailing lists. I understand
> that the normal residential broadband TOS don't allow servers.

Yeah.. since you're doing mailing lists, you'd need a static IP anyways,
which you're not going to get.

Time to call your cable provider (probably Comcast or RoadRunner, unless
you're in a Charter area) and see if you can get business-class service?
It's more expensive, but it'd give you what you need.

Otherwise, get residential cable, and find a friend who's got some spare
static IP's and is willing to let you throw a box on one of 'em.  :)

You may also want to check with Covad and see if you can get DSL service
through them.