> I currently have an mp3 server running and it's working
> great.  It's a Pentium Pro 180MHz with 32 megs RAM.  I'm
> running redhat 7.2.  For the jukebox software, I'm using
> Globecom Jukebox:
>
> http://gjukebox.sourceforge.net/

You have had good luck with it?  I have been fighting with
the sound on it.  I never seem to be get sound out of the
thing.

Someone on the list was asking for a replacement for
IceCast. Someone recommend a different streaming server
and I am not at home to tell you the name (and the
archives are still down).  It works by just clicking the
song or directory on the web page and XMMS pops up and
plays it.  The trouble is, it only seems to work with
XMMS.  My kids have tried it and the streaming does not
work with either WinAmp or Zinf on a Windows 2000 box.

Perry Hoekstra