Peter Clark <peter-clark at bethel.edu>  wrote:
> Or maybe's he's just a troll with poorly crafted strawmen for
> arguments .

This was my first reaction to the article.  Again, when you cut the
cruft and get down to the meat of the article, he's really just trying
to get people to try improving software before reinventing it.  It's not
a bad message. A better title for the article would be, "Fight NIH!
Squish a Bug!"

> Why Freshmeat published this guy ... is beyond me. Maybe they needed
> some page hits for OSDN.

This I don't doubt.  It's certainly gained the attention it was crafted
for.

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net>           http://www.wookimus.net/