On Wed, 9 Apr 2003, Austad, Jay wrote:

> > I'm wondering if anyone could provide some recommendations for
> > linux/bsd shell providers, preferably local, or otherwise.  I'm
> > primarily interested in a reliable place to store and access email,
> > run spam filters, throw up a few web-accessible files now and then.
> > I'm in the $10/mo. range, and am looking at Pair's basic account
> > (always had good luck with them), which gives 150M, but doesn't
> > include any bells and/or whistles (php, perl, mysql, etc. See
> > http://www.pair.com/pair/shared/basic.html).  So, does anyone know of
> > any other solutions?

> Visi?  I know they offer shell accts, but not sure what they come with
> or how much they cost.

shell.visi.com is running SunOS, not Linux or BSD.  So it depends on how
vital the Linux/BSD requirement is.  For $10.95/month, I'm getting pop
email, a shell account, news, and 5mb of web space.  This is with 'Visi
Lite', which has info here:
http://home.visi.com/services/dialup/lite.html.

This also includes spam filtering through Postini, which has been pretty
effective so far.  Extra disk space is a one-time charge of $2/megabyte.
Their customer service is fantastic, and I've yet to see any downtime on
their end.

--
Michael Vieths
Foeclan at Visi.com