Matthew S. Hallacy writes:
> I heard that qmail is buggy, insecure, un-unix-like, hard to setup
> and configure,
> and a complete bitch to do anything with. But then, I just pulled
> that out of
> my ass like you did.

Yeah, I was just making up all of these security holes:

http://cr.yp.to/maildisasters/sendmail.html

Not to mention all the ones found since then, including the two found this
year (and it's not even May!).

qmail is secure.  If it's not, prove it and claim your $500.  Which more
closely follows the UNIX tradition?  A single, monolithic daemon that does
everything as root; or separate programs, each running with the credentials
they need, that do a single, well defined task?

--
David Phillips <david at acz.org>
http://david.acz.org/