We have gotten this to work, albeit with a lot of messing around.  I don't
handle the DSL stuff directly anymore, so I don't know exactly what
happens.  If you're interested I can ask Justin to shoot you the config
that we found that works for this.

A "real cisco" - what are you recommending to those folks?  Just buying a
678 off of Ebay, or jumping up into the $1500+ range for a modular router
with a DSL WIC?  Or is there another low-end cisco series that will do it?