On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 09:01:50AM -0500, Munir Nassar wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Sep 2002, Colin Kilbane wrote:
> > actually I dont care if it comes on 20 disks or I guess I could do a
> > network install off of a network card. but I dont know exactally how to do
> > that.  The other thing I am looking for is either a window manager or a
> > graphical interface for a mp3 player to run on it.
>
> if you need to use X, blackbox is the wm to use, (blackboxwm.sf.net)
>
> as for good old command line utils for MP3s, mpg123(or mpg321)
>
> to the best of my knowledge, it does not do playlists, that is why i
> always created a directory called playlist and made a whole bunch of
> symlinks to the mp3s that i wanted

I use a playlist daemon called moosic which works pretty well.  It's
written in Python so it's easily hackable.  I keep 1500+ songs in the
playlist and it only takes up 2M of ram.  I'd prefer something that
automatically recycles songs, but since I only have to restart it every
other week, I don't care yet.  :)

http://nanoo.org/~daniel/moosic/

Nate