You get what you pay for.  I bought a linksys, used the
utility linksys provided to upgrade the firmware, and it
stopped working.  I then called linksys and said "It does
not work."  They said "What did you do?".  I said "Updated
the firmware."  They said "Oh, that probobly fried the
card, take it back to where you got it."
So I did.
Then I bought an Orinoco.  I LOVE it.
-Erik