I've had no issues with my Linksys WAP/router and PCMCIA card.  It was
easy to configure via the web interface, and communicated fine with my
Cisco 678 when I had DSL (we'll see how it goes with cable when they
install it tonight).  The PCMCIA card was easy to get going under Linux.
I haven't used the Cisco or Orinoco, so I can't tell you what you might be
missing out on, but the Linksys ones work fine.

--
Michael Vieths
Foeclan at Visi.com