matthew at redroot.org writes:
 > Lucent Silver (orinoco) worked out of the box with a un-updated RH7.3
 > install.

I realize that this is a stupid question, but is there an Orinoco that
is just a PCI card?  Or do I have to buy the $50-odd network card + a
50-odd PCI adapter for each desktop I have?  Seems not just expensive
but kludgy.

Ouch.  For two desktops + an access point, pulling wire is starting to
look competitive.  Even at electrician's rates $700 or so buys a
reasonable amount of wire-pulling.

Maybe I'm not doing the right thing --- I'm just trying to avoid
pulling wire through two stories of lath and plaster.  I don't really
need roaming wireless.  Is there a more economical way to avoid
pulling wire?  Or am I somehow reading these product sheets wrong?

thanks,