On Tue, 10 Sep 2002 22:12:11 -0500
Perry Hoekstra <dutchman_mn at charter.net> wrote:

> Is there anything else I can check?

Is there anything else connected to the motherboard?
I've had similar symptoms from having a bad network card plugged in
(actually, more than once...why do i keep buying linksys cards?)  I
wouldn't doubt that a flaky sound card or video card would do the same
thing.
Also, the KT7A is a VIA chipset, right?  Are you using the correct VIA
chipset driver in your kernel?  I know that there are 2 to choose from,
and chances are one of them will not like your computer.  I don't remember
what the symptoms were when I used the wrong one, though, and that really
doesn't explain why Win2k also has installation issues...
blah, am I beginning to ramble?
I probably just need sleep.
- Kremer