What happened to the enthusiastic offer from U of St Thomas?  Didn't someone
say U of MN was a possibility also?  We shouldn't need to go to vo-techs.

I think the Dunwoody offer (which was for permanent hosting) would be a
mistake that will brand TCLUG as a vo-tech project for the uneducated. ..
same for affiliating with any other vo-tech.

I think it's best for TCLUG to continue moving around and to preferentially
seek either neutral places (eg, the church site) or relevant corporate sites
or actual universities that have relevant 4-year programs, or college prep
high schools or the community colleges that are clearly on professional
tracks.  The issue isn't black and white, but vo-techs usually indicate an
intellectual and educational dead-end choice that doesn't have a graduate
school option or a professional association tie with the likes of IEEE or
ACM, etc.  I may be able to make arrangements at St Thomas or an industrial
site through professional association contacts if the previous offer (Dan
W?) from a student there has difficulties.

Anyone else have similar feelings?

---
Chuck