It is comprehensive software that runs all of a companies operations from
A/R to Manufacturing to Distribution and anything and everything in between.

> Are there any specific instances of this software for Linux?
There are at least a couple projects on sourceforge that someone pointed out
to me when I said, I didn't think this would be the type of software that
would pop up in open source, but alas, I don't remember the names of the
projects.

> I've read 5 articles saying this is where companys are going
> to send their
> money and I don't even know what it is. :-)

Lots of players already - SAP, Oracle, Bonn(sp), Agilysis, etc.  The place
to make money is as business analysts.  So if you're an accountant/business
type with some computer skills you can make a buck.  These are the type of
software installations/implementations that take companies years.   A lot of
the consultants come from the big accounting firms, AA, PWC, KPMG, etc.

The articles are correct, a lot of money is being spent here, a company
cannot put in one of these (as they exist today) without looking somewhere
in 7 to 8 figures land.

IPC 2002