I like this definition:
"It attempts to integrate all departments and functions across a
company onto a single computer system that can serve all those
different departments' particular needs. "

SAP is an example. Oracle's peoplesoft is another. Basically
something that can do everything and tie it all together. (inventory,
sales, billing, website, etc.)