9 chances in 10 these are Mickeysoft applications much like a spreadsheet
template with a little Baysean decision making trim to smooth the results.
Doing something in Linux should be easy, but probably fits that "oh yeah, we
do that too" category.

Harris Corp used some elegant general-purpose decision making tools that
were unix-based and had macro features to easily develop
application-specific scenarios for the brain-dead in admin departments.
This is not likely to be very useful for "intelligent" corporations, but it
may serve as a good sanity check even for them.

I'll be curious to see what some product descriptions have to say about ERP
planning SW..  going to look.  Where are your articles?

Chuck