On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 12:00:38PM -0500, Chuck Cole wrote:
> You probably will get better lifetime and better cost from good throw-away
> batteries like Duracells.  Rechargeable would be a real nuisance for me on a
> vacation trip.

Huh? Have you tried rechargeable batteries lately? Sure you
probably get lifetime out quality disposable batteries than
lower end rechargeables, but metal-based rechargeables last
_longer_ in digital cameras and the like [1].

As for price, even alkaline rechargeables end up being a win
in the long run. I get lifetimes only a little worse than high
quality disposable batteries (and better than cheap disposables)
from rechargeable alkalines, I get at least 20 charges out of
them, and the price is only twice that of high quality disposable
batteries.

  1. http://www.greenbatteries.com/documents/battery_myths.htm