On Wed, Sep 04, 2002 at 01:18:53PM -0500, jeffr at odeon.net wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Sep 2002, Carl Zeilon wrote:
> > I can't recommend this strongly enough...  Use the memory card in a "mass
> > storage compatible device" & ditch the camera interface.
>
> I'll second that.  I've got the same SanDisk ImageMate reader and it works
> just fine with linux.

I don't know which camera interfaces people are complaining about, but
mine works fine[1].  I use the camera interface all the time with my
Fuji FinePix 1400Zoom.  I bought a card reader too, but I never use it.

If anyone is interested, I hacked up some scripts to automatically copy
pictures off my USB camera when it's plugged in.  It works off the
Debian hotplug package, but it should be adaptable to Redhat.

Nate

[1] After I hacked the kernel to support the slightly broken interface.