From: Chuck Cole
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Sent: 8/29/02 12:56 AM
Subject: RE: [TCLUG] UofM's incomming freshmen class + linux?

UMIT has a thing in Engineer's Week where campus orgs and others can do
info
booths in a tent outside the building.  Something similar may be allowed
during orientation.  Call the IT Dean's office and ask.  Might do better
in
the CS Dept Office, but I'd rather see TCLUG develop some signs of life
in
apps outside CS sys admin areas... such as Octave and scientific
applications that are truly enabled by Linux and out of reach in
Winders.
Hmmm.. I know an ex pres of the UMIT Alum society who can spell Linux
(he's
a PhD SW guru).  He would know how/whether to open doors there.  I'm not
really an alum, but got talked into joining the alum soc for a few
years.
Why not St Thomas also?  St Thomas might be much more receptive.  Just
do an
InstallFest on campus (UMN, St Thom, Stout, River Falls).  THAT would
get
publicity enough.

---
Chuck