Thanks Kelly, that let me get it set up. I could access it, set it up.
But it won't print.

Here's what I've done:

Slack  8.1 distro.
Changed the cupsd.conf file per directions.
Set up the printer like Jima sent.
I can see the printer, ping it, can't print to it.

If I send a test job from the browser set up, I don't get any errors.  I
get that the job was "cancelled."  If I try to resubmit it, I get "--
Error:client-error-not-possible."

Cups is running okay.  I looked at the man pages for both lpr and lp.
In looking at the lpr mans, it showed a variety of options that aren't
supported by cups.  Didn't see anything too much on the man page for lp.
 I've also tried to send a print job via "lp -dhp960c test.txt" and it
doesn't do anything either.

I even went so far as to add a class, but it didn't make any changes
either.  Does cups also require another piece to run as well?

It is frustrating to say the least.  I worked when I had RH 7.2
installed...

Shawn

sfertch at real-time.com
http://www.mn-ttkd.org