Yes....evrything works in the old kernel...

I didn't change anything except for the NTFS support.

What else do you think?

-----Original Message-----
From: tclug-list-admin at mn-linux.org
[mailto:tclug-list-admin at mn-linux.org] On Behalf Of Loren Burlingame
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2002 9:42 PM
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Subject: Re: [TCLUG] hey...

could it be that this is the first time you have compiled your kernel
since you initially installed redhat?

I am thinking that the kernel you were using was the precompiled kernel
that came with the RH install and when you recompiled you left out
something important like maybe usbdevfs support or maybe got the wrong
USB
chipset driver compiled (or maybe even left out USB support
alltogether).

Anyway, regardless of whether you were using the default kernel or not,
if
you did not touch anything else then the problem must be in the kernel
you
installed....

I am assuming that everything works if you boot back into the old
kernel?

LB

--
Irony can by pretty ironic sometimes.