I using RH 7.1, and trying to set up squid 2.2 to use authentication. As of
today I get the login box, but all users are denied after a few failed
login attempts. The docs say to add the following  info to squid.conf along
with proxy_auth, and acl statements.
"
authenticate_program /usr/local/squid/bin/ncsa_auth /usr/local/squid/etc/pas
swd "

I modified the path for  ncsa_auth to /usr/lib/squid/ncsa_auth. A user on
the squid list indicated /etc/passwd is not ncsa complient. I am lost as to
what passwd file to use that is complient. It would be great if someone had
a squid.conf that works for RH 7.1 that I could view.

Thanks in advance

--
Raymond Norton
Little Crow Telemedia Network