Thank you to those that responded. You're right, I am pretty sure that
it's my postfix configuration that's causing the bounced mail. The spam
folder stuff is probably squirrelmail because I don't have filters set up
anywhere but through squirrelmail, in fact, if I open my mail in pine, new
messages show up only in the inbox. The weird thing is that I have spam
filtering shut off because it was dumping good messages into the spam
folder, and I don't know of anyway to tell it that it's a good domain -
and it's not consistent. Email from the same address could be directed
either to inbox or spam for reasons unknown to me.

> I have postfix running with Squirrelmail as the web server. My
> daughters like it a lot. They haven't had any problems or
> complaints about slowness. How does the slowness manifest itself?
> Are the screen redraws slow? Does it take a long time to respond to
> keypresses? What version are you running? I've got version 1.2.8
> running here.

Slow to log in, slow to refresh, slow to open a new folder - but sometimes
it's fast..most of the time it's slow. I'd installed 1.2.7 - didn't see
that 1.2.8 was released until just now.

To be perfectly honest, I'm very new to setting up my own mail server/web
server on linux. I doubt I have it right, and I've gone and read and read
and read to the point where it's just all one big blur. So I probably have
things misconfigured - at first I was simply happy to have it up and
running. *chuckle*.

Thanks,
Liz

--
Imagination is intelligence having fun...
e-mail:  kethry at winternet.com