I'm not interested either: for TCLUG or TCWUG to try to be known and active
politically is almost legal suicide for these groups.

Most political activity of the type suggested is exactly what the IRS cites
as basis to deny non-profit 501c3 status and declare the group a lobbying
entity like a union.

These groups must become non-profit corporations in order to have any
projects or to own and manage assets; however, the choices are well-defined
legally but allow some personalization.  Political activity almost negates
technical activity that's the whole reason we are here.

Chuck