On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 08:18:58AM -0500, Jay Kline wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-10-09 at 07:31, Ben Bargabus wrote:
> > > Clay or Bob, how many subscribers to TCLUG are there these days?
> >

> > Whatever number you come up with subtract one, I do not want to be a
> > part of any group political statement.
>
> I don't think the point is to make a political statement, but to get one
> from the candidates.  I think with the x,xxx members we have, trying to
> get anything close to a "group political statement" would be near
> impossible, at least in this setting.

The point is most definitely NOT to make a political statement. That
would be impossible for the reasons Jay mentioned. My thinking is that
any group of hundreds or thousands of people are a significant
constituency for a politician and stand a better chance of being
listened to than an individual. In other words, a large group is more
likely to get their questions answered than a single person. One person
can be safely ignored, but 2,000 is a different story.

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      |   Visit Sibley online:   | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS |  http://www.isd197.org   | http://www.zope.com