On Sat, Oct 05, 2002 at 06:43:32PM -0500, Peter Clark wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a gradebook program with
> a reasonably complete set of features that can import "Making the Grade" files?
> Or, barring that, one that would work on both Mac (Classic) and Linux?

Unfortunately no. I try to stay pretty close to the Linux in education
news and I have yet to find a gradebook application that has the
features of any decent commercial product for Win32 or MacOS.

I rather surprised that no open source developers have taken this task
on and stayed with it. This is one of the most basic applications that
teachers use and not having a decent one for Linux would definitely keep
some teachers from giving Linux a try.

I'm beginning to investigate an online gradebook from TIES, a local
company that provides technology services and support for school
district. Being online, it's possible that it will work fine with a
Linux browser. It's certainly not free, however, since you need to be a
TIES member to use it I think.

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      |   Visit Sibley online:   | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS |  http://www.isd197.org   | http://www.zope.com