On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 08:15:22PM -0500, Tim Wilson wrote:
> I'm sick of my really loud PC on my desk and I'm planning to buy a new
> case and power supply. I'm thinking about a black Al Lian-Li PC60 case
> (it'll go oh so nicely with my black SGI flatpanel :-), but I don't know
> much about the power supplies.

You might take a look at this:

http://tuxedo.org/~esr/writings/ultimate-linux-box/

: The Ultimate Linux Box
:
: This page collects my writings on building custom personal
: computers for use as Linux machines.
:
: Here is the original December 1996 article. This one focused
: on building low-cost hardware.
:
: Here is the Ultimate Linux Box 2001 article. This was published,
: in a rather mangled and compressed form, in October 2001.
:
: Here is an update of the 2001 article.

The 2001 version included attempts to hold noise down to a minimum.

--
Scott Raun
sraun at fireopal.org