"Jose A. Hernandez" <jhboricua at jhboricua.org> writes:

> How much is Qwest's 768k line?  Is it symmetrical speeds (SDSL) or
> asymmetrical speeds (ADSL)?  What features does it have?

My setup is symmetrical speeds (they're not actually exactly equal,
but it's sold as "768k" and both exceed 768k so I have no complaint on
that ground).  I've got 8 static IPs (optional), and they allow
running servers (I'm pushing over 1 gig a *day* in web traffic alone
out, last I loooked).  It's costing $160/month for everything.  Oh,
there's an email address associated with it, and they let me set up
reverse DNS on the IPs through their web interface, and I have access
to a news server that's not 3/4 bad.  Maybe not even 1/2 bad.  There
is probably other stuff they provide that I've never noticed; my
tendency is to do everything myself.  The email, for example, is just
picked up with fetchmail and dumped into my "real" mailbox.  It's
running through a Cisco 675 router.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net  /  http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/
 John Dyer-Bennet 1915-2002 Memorial Site http://john.dyer-bennet.net