On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 09:28:14PM -0600, Tim Wilson wrote:
> I have an opportunity to get approximately 30 Indigo2 diskless workstations
> and a tricked out Indigo2 workstation to use as a server. I'm curious to
> know if the performance would be generally acceptable.

the one I had sitting on my desk for a while performed awfully well for a 7
year old box. was actually quite acceptable, provided you like IRIX. (not
much hope of running anything else on them, but IRIX can be made acceptable
if you install the GNU tools and/or just use it as an xterm for programs
running somewhere else.)

keep in mind, they *do* put out a *lot* of heat, which means they suck a lot
of power, which means it costs more to run them than an x86-based xterm.

they look awfully cool tho. :)

Carl Soderstrom
--
Systems Administrator