On Sun, Nov 03, 2002 at 10:54:17PM -0600, Scott Raun wrote:
> I've currently got a nice little network running to share my DSL
> connection.  Cisco 675 to Ethernet Concentrator to everything.
>
> I want to add Wireless capability, so that the laptop(s) can access
> the network from anywhere in the house.  There are loads of PC Card
> Wireless Cards out there - anyone have reasons to prefer any one over
> any other?  How about Wireless Access Points?  It looks like all the
> access points include a concentrator, so I either piggy-back it onto
> my existing hardware, or replace.

If you've got a linux system as your NAT box (rather than the cisco),
I would recommend getting a PCI wireless card (such as the $49-59 d-link
DWL-5xx from best buy, or office max.  If the DSL unit is providing
NAT for you, I'd get an AP and set it to bridge the traffic instead
of providing its own NAT services.

> Disclaimer: I'm initially going to be doing Windows laptops - I still
> need to get the Linux laptop built, but will be wanting to plug it in
> when I finally _do_ get it built

There should be no compatibility problems.
!