I'm trying to install a RH8 system.  The install went fine
(except that it wouldn't work as a graphical install, I had
to use text mode), but when I try to boot it fails.  Tried
it once in GRUB and got an error about something not fitting
in memory (I can try this again if it would help), then
switched to LILO as I'm a little more at home there.  It
works through a bunch of progress messages, including
succesfully activating swap partitions.  The next step is
'Finding module dependencies', and at this point it just
freezes.

I'd be grateful for any help anyone can offer - I'm not a
complete newbie, but pretty close.

Cheers, Paul