On Fri, May 31, 2002 at 05:12:28PM -0500, Bob Tanner wrote:
> Quoting nate at refried.org (nate at refried.org):
> > No, kbuild as in the build system for the Linux kernel.  The current
> > system is a bunch of recursive Makefiles.  kbuild 2.5 was written by
> > Keith Owens to solve the inconsistency problems with the current build
> > system and add some very nice features.  It generates a global Makefile
> > with complete knownledge of every kernel file that needs to be built so
> > make can do it's job.
>
> It looks like it's still in beta?

It's ready for inclusion, but it's having a hard time getting in.  Linus
doesn't like the idea of adding something so big all at once.  He's
asked indirectly for it to be split up in smaller pieces.  Keith doesn't
see the point since it was "approved" at the kernel summit last year.
Some people are stepping forward now and submitting pieces of it.
Hopefully over the next few months all of it gets included.

You could say I'm following the progress closely.  :)

http://sf.net/projects/kbuild/