You need another linux distro because it resolves circular dependencies.
Unless your windows has bash and gcc, you need a linux distro.  :)
I'm doing a Linux From Scratch as we speak, so if you don't mind waiting I
can let you know how it goes.  I'd probably recommend installing Slack or
Debian and tinkering with it for a bit before doing LFS, if you aren't used
to UNIX commands.  The LFS documentation appears to be really great, but if
you don't know what cd and ln do, it might be a little confusing.  If you
do know UNIX commands, go ahead and dive in.  :)

Lorry