On Sunday 26 May 2002 18:37, Craig A. Lance wrote:
> So, is building a Linux system from scratch a good idea.  I've read the
> hype on the site, but things like that tend to be bias.  I'm still working
> from Mandrake Linux 7.1 and am wondering if I should chuck it all and go
> for this Slackware, or buy 8.0, or upgrade just parts...I don't know?
	LFS is pretty low-hype, from what I understand. Here's a quick test to see
if you should use LFS: Do you...
	-Want to learn in minute detail how a Linux box works?
	-Want absolute say over positively everything?
	-Have a great deal of time, patience, and reading comprehension?
	-Have a desire to learn and explore?
If you answered "yes" to all of these, quit sitting on the fence and get to
work! Oh, yes, and a fast computer with a lot of memory would also be a plus,
but if you have sufficient time, then older hardware isn't a problem.
	:Peter