On Tue, 14 May 2002 16:59:11 -0500 (CDT)
Nate Carlson <natecars at real-time.com> wrote:

> Oh, yeah, also, make sure you have _good_ fans, and proper grease. Athlon
> MP cpu's overheat easy.

Speaking of which, my single Athlon 1GHz processor runs hot.  I bought a few fans last year, upgraded my power supply, and it still overheated.  I wound up having to pull the side cover off and put a box fan blowing in next to it.  There's no AC in the house, and it's a goal to try and get it put in this year.  However, finances are a little tight.

Anyone know of an alternative?  I've thought of putting the boxes down in the basement, however I have and need to use a KVM switch.  What's the maximum distance that one can go with PS/2 and video connections?  I've got 7 machines, so it'd also take some serious rewiring to get them moved down to the basement.

Thoughts, comments?

Shawn