On Tue, 14 May 2002, Robert P. Goldman wrote:
> I was wondering how you all feel about the various dual Athlon boards?
> It looked to me that the two standouts were the Asus A7M266-D and the
> Tyan S2466 and 2468.  Is that right?  Any preferences between them?

I've used the S2466 and the A7M266-D. Both boards work great, nice thing
about the S2466 is that you get a buncha 64-bit PCI slots, instead of just
two. The A7M266-D also supports non-registered memory, but why bother?
Just use registered.  :)

> Any linux gotchas?

Make sure to run the newest BIOS on both or it'll lock up, etc.. other
than that, no.

Oh, yeah, also, make sure you have _good_ fans, and proper grease. Athlon
MP cpu's overheat easy.