Tim,

Growing up I frequently saw a sign on my father's office that kinda said that
'history does not remember those who die on the plains of hesitation.'

Think Big is very
good thing.

So we have volunteers in:

1- Visiting schools, linux/Open Source
evangelism

2- Marketing:
   -websites
   -graphics
   -meeting PTA's

3-
Training:
   -Linux
   -net admin
   -sys admin
   -Open Source alternatives

With some
sponsorwhip we could probably put together a nice meeting.

So lets start writing to
Linux/Open Source/Free Software organizations and see what we can put
together, as well asUniversities/Schools in the area.

But maybe we ought to meet first locally to figure
things ad not go off half cocked.

My account for the Open Source Design Syndicate allows
me use of at least one mailing list, which I can make available to Linux
in Educationinitiative unless there are objections or someone wants to set up their
own thing.
--

Samir M. Nassar
RedConcepts.NET - Open Source, Public