On Friday 10 May 2002 07:17, Mike Hicks wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-05-09 at 17:27, Nate Carlson wrote:
> > On Thu, 9 May 2002, Kelly Black wrote:
> > > I would second that.  I am running one here at work, and it works
> > > fine, but it was a bear to set up.
> >
> > It's also insecure, and the code is prone to causing kernel panics under
> > certain situations.
>
> That's far better than PPTP, eh?

Eh?  I am pretty sure Nate was talking about PPTP using PoPToP.  I have not
as of yet experienced kernel panics.  The insecurity can be partially dealt
with by applying a patch that only allows connections from hosts running 128
bit encryption.

If I had it to do over again, I would have probably gone for IPSEC and if the
user was going to use Windows 98, buy one of the clients.  I think W2K has a
client that can be used out of the box, but don't quote me.

Kelly Black
KB0GBJ