On Wed, May 08, 2002 at 02:54:54PM -0500, Duncan Shannon wrote:
> So, is encrypting mail just a client issue?

Yes.

>                                             Are there server solutions?

What do you mean?

  C1 -SMTP-> MH1 --SMTP-- <internet> --SMTP-- MH2 <-POP- C2

On which part of this chain do you want/need/can do security?

Encription in client secures the chain from C1 to C2. You can devise
other schemes, involving secure tunnels but they are good for
point-to-point (between company branches) not for the many-to-many
protocol that SMTP is.

> Can I (or real time, or any ISP) offer secure email that isint client based?

That means the remote mail hub to do the decription?

> I am STFW and looking around. Just want to see if anyone had any
> thoughts / experiences.

I don't think you defined the problem.

"Just make it secure." doesn't cut it.

florin

--

"If it's not broken, let's fix it till it is."

41A9 2BDE 8E11 F1C5 87A6  03EE 34B3 E075 3B90 DFE4