Absolutely true: they really don't.  Qwest owns most of the copper and
fiber and resells it to the CLECs so they get money for service anyway.  I
too have been frustrated by poor service from Qwest, switched to McLeod
and again frustrated.  Believe it or not, it took 12 months and 12 billing
cycles to get us out of their system and straightened out!  I was so
shocked by the inability of employees to help, callback promises that
never happened, and just simple neglect.

We chose another CLEC, USLink, and have been pleased with all aspects:
billing, followup, support, etc.  They can serve any customer currently in
a Qwest market which is most of the state except some small private
monopoly-telco-based areas (Annandale and Big Lake come to mind).

Currently we have a PRI, a T-1, a few analog lines, long distance service
and numerous dialup access accounts all working flawlessly.  Maintenance
windows and notifications used well in advance and with little downtime.

Even if USLink is just reselling service from Qwest in a non-USL-switch
market, someone else can deal with Qwest issues. I con't have time to
waste on the phone. I'd rather talk to someone local than some dumbass in
a cubical in Iowa City!

Email me off-list if you want the contact info for a kick-ass rep.

MK

On Wed, 8 May 2002, Austad, Jay wrote:

> They don't care.  Qwest actually told me once to go somewhere else because
> they didn't want me as a customer anymore.  So I did.  :)
>
> Jay

Sirgo, Inc.  A member of the KDV Business Solutions Network

Mark J. Kroska
Director IT Services

320.258.6412 Voice Direct
888.252.7060 Toll Free
320.252.9627 Fax
http://www.sirgo.net
mailto:mkroska at sirgo.net

"NOTICE:  This E-mail (including attachments) is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. §§ 2510-2521,
is confidential and maybe legally privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
retention, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  Please reply to the sender
that you have received the message in error, then delete it.   Thank you."