On Sat, May 04, 2002 at 05:01:56PM -0500, destr0 wrote:
> I'm pretty sure that it's not just the media.  I have other discs it won't
> read either,  my RH7.2 discs (box version),
> it would't read the sims disc right out of the box either.  and when I try
> those cd's on other drives on my network, they work fine.  The drive just
> does weird stuff.  I'll put a cd in and it will just sit there and blink.
> sometimes it makes a wierd ass clicking noise, other times it spins up to
> super-sonic speed and my lappy starts vibrating and I have to push the eject
> button to get it to stop.

Sounds like a bad drive.  Still under warranty?

The CDROM drive in my old work laptop (IBM ThinkPad) went bad once, but
the machine was still under warranty at the time so it was not too much
hassle to get a replacement drive.

--
Joel Schneider              Jazz - jazz88fm.com
joel at joelschneider.net      ISEE - www.i-see.org