On Thu, Mar 28, 2002 at 10:30:56AM -0600, Austad, Jay wrote:

>I run daemontools on several of my boxes for various things, and while it
>does work, I have problems with it looping and starting a whole bunch of the
>same process sometimes.  In this particular case, I need to have something
>that *won't* screw up because of the nature of what this particular process
>does.

Personally I'd rather be notified that a service has stopped and handle it
manually. Daemontools is a bit draconian in that it just continues to
restart and to my knowlege you can't stick a "wait 5 minutes" or "try 10
times then email me" sorta logic in there.

Some shit needs a reasoning carbon-based life-form to riddle out the
problem when good services go bad :-)