On Wed, 27 Mar 2002, Rodd Ahrenstorff wrote:

> I'm curious if anyone is using the new CrossOver Office plugin?  Positive or
> negative results with this product?
>
> I must say congrats to CodeWeavers...keep up the good work!

Download was fast, installation was easy.

Installation of Office 2000 was also easy.  Word & Excel work just fine
with my 2 minute test.   Fonts are a little off, but usable.

I printed out 5 powerpoint presentations someone sent us using it.
Printer fonts work much better than screen fonts.  If you need to be able
to print to more than three printers it might be trouble (LPT1, LPT2,
LPT3, that's it).

Internet Explorer worked ok, it had trouble with Favorites and me wanting
to switch the default homepage.  But that's not their list of supported
apps.

Access worked fine for my 2 minute test too.  That's not on their list
either.

Personally, I think the Office plugin idea totally kicks ass.  I'm going
to try PCAnywhere tomorrow..  :-)

Maybe someday soon I can replace my Citrix/Terminal Server with a
Linux/CrossOver server?

--
Tom Cross                     Voice: 320-253-1020    FAX: 320-253-6956
IS Manager                                    E-mail: tomc at kendeco.com
Airgas Kendeco Tool Crib                        http://www.kendeco.com