On Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 09:50:14AM -0600, Dave Sherohman wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 09:16:17AM -0600, Matthew S. Hallacy wrote:
> > next time try using mii-tool/mii-diag,
>
> I don't recall having seen either mentioned in any of my searches for
> information on it.  How long have they been around?

It's actually one tool, it's just named differently on different distributions

http://www.scyld.com/diag/

> It was a couple years ago; I was young, foolish, and blissfully
> unaware of the kernel source's Documentation directory.  But, again,
> none of my searches turned up anything on setting things manually
> when using the stock 3c90x driver, only how to do it with 3Com's 905c
> driver (which I didn't expect to do real well with a 905b, but I'll
> admit I never got around to trying it).

Perhaps you should try the card again and see if you can change your opinion.

> > As for the EEPro100's, I'm happy with them too, although the only ones
> > I have left are quad and dual port compaq NC3131's (yum)
>
> Where'd you find those and how much do they run?

$150 on pricewatch, the upgrade module is also available there.

http://techmonkeys.org/~poptix                  GPG public key 0x01938203