On Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 08:50:22AM -0600, Dave Sherohman wrote:

> My bad 3com (IIRC) 3c905b experience:
>
>                                         My best guess on why it
> didn't work was that the card was insisting on 100t4, while the
> switch only knows how to do 100tx, but that's more a shot in the dark
> than anything else.

Blaming user error on the hardware leads to a lot of poor opinions,
next time try using mii-tool/mii-diag, you might also try manually
setting your speed/duplex (tried reading the docs lately?)

> Then I picked up a batch of 4 EEPro100s off ebay, dropped 'em in,
> they worked perfectly as soon as I rebuilt my kernel (modules? we don'
> need no steenking modules!) and that 3com card has been gathering
> dust ever since.

I'll take the 3com off your hands since it's such a crappy card =)
As for the EEPro100's, I'm happy with them too, although the only ones
I have left are quad and dual port compaq NC3131's (yum)

http://techmonkeys.org/~poptix                  GPG public key 0x01938203