On Sun, Mar 24, 2002 at 10:41:34PM -0600, Dave Erickson wrote:
> Hi everyone, I have an ATI TV card up and running on my Linux box and I
> am currently running my Playstation (1) through the line in with pretty
> good results.
>
> I have a few short questions though:
>
> a. Do you guys think I can do better than the ATI TV Card (ATI TV VE)
> and if so what do you suggest? Perhaps a card with a component or S-VHS
> input for a Playstation 2?

Unknown, I use WinTV cards (bt848/878 based) that have svideo, standard rca,
and coax inputs, using something like xawtv you can switch between the inputs
or channels. It also supports screen capture (regardless of the fact that
you're using an overlay). They work great in Linux.

> b. I can't seem to take a screenshot with the Gimp of either my TV
> Picture, or my DVD Video picture. They both use Xv for the display I
> believe.

See above.

http://techmonkeys.org/~poptix                  GPG public key 0x01938203